Welcome Visitor and Greetings from Friday Marines! :)
(update 30-05-2018 by Rogoth)
ABOUT FRIDAY MARINES:
Who are the Friday Marines? We are an Alliance raiding guild now located on the Silvermoon-EU realm, In previous expansions we were a cross-guild team made up from players from various guilds on Doomhammer-EU in MoP and then the addition of players from the merger of Turalyon-EU in WoD.
In MoP the team used to be 10-man made up of players from the former raiding guild Aquamarine and players from the second raid team of the guild Vigilantes officially starting raiding november 2012, now it is a fully functioning 20-man team for Mythic raiding.
We are a team that raids 2 days per week, Fridays and Saturdays 20:00-24:00. Therefore it is aimed at people who cannot commit to the usual 3-5 days per week raiding, that said we still expect the same level of commitment and skill from our team to progress on this lighter schedule.
Due to the raid time of the team being limited we have some more stringent requirements that all members need to abide by, the ability to play youe class and spec at a relatively high standard, having the mindset to be fully prepared for the current raid(s) with knowledge of the fights and strategies at least for your own class/role. For this reason this team is aimed at very good players, often former realm first level raiders or raiders who have consitently been at the end game for many years and who can't raid as much as they used to in the past.
RECRUITMENT FOR 20-MAN MYTHIC RAIDING in BATTLE FOR AZEROTH EXPANSION: OPEN
* We are still open to selected classes and roles to improve the team for 20-man raiding in Legion; take a look at our forum right hand side panel for the priority classes/roles we are looking for. DON'T hesitate to apply if you are not listed as a priority class/spec, we are always open for exceptional players to join our ranks at any time regardless of role.
Our Team is ALWAYS open to great players (regardless of the above top priority needs), if you or someone you know fits this criteria don't hesitate to apply, if you wish to contact us in game you can do @ the following people:
Aanka-Silvermoon (guild master)
Dóómbríngér-Silvermoon (raid leader)
TEAM RULES, SIGNUP PROCESS:
Friday Marines currently use an EPGP loot system. Attendance is tracked and visible on the webpage and stores all attendance, loot-distribution and EPGP-standings, rotations are noted here for transparency, so that those rotated one week usually don't get rotated for the next couple of weeks. We use our own Friday Marines Discord server for raiding voice chat. This forum serves as a place to communicate during our raiding days as well as a place for people to hang out and talk about random stuff when not in game, a social space to communicate when playing other games besides WoW.
Events are set using the in-game calendar, and a response "Accepted" is required to receive invitation at 19:50 when invitations starts.
Joining this team means you commit to be there every Friday and Saturday. If you can't make the raid, you need to respond "Declined" via in-game calendar or mention it on the forums, ideally on Wednesday or Thursday latest, so that a replacement is organised if needed.
For in-game cross-guild communication, team members use dedicated channel /join FridayMarines.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL RAIDING MEMBERS AND TRIALISTS:
1. Attend all raids on a weekly basis, unless some rl unexpected pops up - if you have a permanent conflict with one of the raiding days we advise you look for a different team, as we do expect participation and dedication to the Team; respond to in-game calendar to confirm your attendance. Try to avoid a "Tentative" response unless you can give suitable notice whether you will be attending the raid or not. In terms of specific attendance requirements our threshold is 80%, so allows for 3 missed raids per 2 months.
2. Prioritise a weekly Mythic+ dungeon at minimum and making sure you have enough gold for the best enchants/gems/consumables fot your class curing down time in WoW.
3. It is expected that every raider has the best enchants, gems and consumables. This is enforced if standards are dropping. When you apply, fine details ragarding different items are specified in the forums and it's expected you're fully prepared for your first raid and every raid with us, as an example feasts are provided by the guild but your spec values haste over the stats provided by the feast food so you would be expected to bring your own food in this case to maximase yourself to the fullest, same goes for gems and enchants etc.
4. We require all memebrs to max their main spec and primary off spec weapon AP as soon as possible. Minimum required is 75, it is also expected you have every best in slot legendary item for you class and can play all roles your class can provide to a suitable standard for the team if it is required (for example a DPS DK being able to play tank on a fight like Mythic Aggramar as needed)
We try hard to keep our raids nice and calm. Occasionally however on some progression fights tensions will rise as we get further into a fight, it's rare but will happen from time to time. We all make the effort to keep the atmosphere in raids relaxed rather than stressful while still reasonably pushing for progress we can all help with this goal by not losing our heads and talking things out calmly and rationally. :)
For triallists - (1) if you can't make most or all raids it makes no sense to join the team, as mentioned above we have a very limited raid schedule and as such need to maximise the time we do have on progression, we cannot do this if our raiders aren't there for much of the time. (2) game play skills - which means the ability to execute tactics precisely and consistently plus knowledge of the class demonstrated by good Log parses (it is required for new team members to be able to reach 50% gear bracket Ranking at Warcraft Logs for most of the fights, and we admire those able to go 80% and above); (3) personality fit for the team - we are a bunch of old timers, mature people with families and jobs, we treat WoW as great way to relax after a hard week at work or uni, so we tolerate no shouting, fingerpointing, or drama - if you are the kind of person to be easily upset or annoyed by trivial things, whatever the reasons, you will not fit well with the team, however, if you are the kind of person that can still have a laugh under stress and is willing to take constructive criticism you certainly will find Friday Marines a nice group to raid with.
If you like the sound of things and feel you could challenge our core raiders for their spot pop an application into us and you never know it might be the best thing you ever do in game! :).